This article details the steps necessary to update an existing InstantForum 2010-1 installation to the InstantForum 2010-2 release.
You can also find information in this article on the additions, updates & fixes included within 2010-2.
Ability to Login Via Twitter
We've added the ability to allow your forum users to login using their Twitter.com account. You can read more about this withi n our blog or try the Twitter login for yourself within our own community at http://community.instantasp.co.uk/Logon.aspx
Right To Left Support
The 2010-2 update contains a new skins to provide support for Right To Left layouts...
- Fixed issue with Login & Logout URLs within Admin CP if not supplied
- Fixed a problem which prevented you from adding forum moderators
- Fixed topic titles to ensure they appear as the title of your page if enabled.
- Fixed issue with moderation drop downs not working correctly when reading an individual topic
- Fixed issue with follower notification emails being sent incorrectly
- Fixed issue with FindPost.aspx not taking you to the correct post if your default topic view is set to flat DESC
- Fixed issues with bullets & numbered bullets not working correctly in WYSIWYG editor
- Fixed editor options to ensure icons & links are hidden within the editor if disabled via a permission set
- Fixed issue with pinned topics not being included in the total topic count when viewing a forum
- Fixed issue with global PM count not updating correctly if you delete private messages from your folders
- Fixed problem with role based security on user profile pages meaning My Topics & other panels would not populate
- Fixed problem with role based security on Latest Topics & Popular Topics when viewing a forum
- Fixed issue with message icon not displaying within message previews
- Fixed problem with no topics displaying if you only had pinned topics within a forum
- Fixed issue with bold tags & justify tags not working within message previews
- Fixed issue with forum not showing under Manage Forums as an administrator if not link to your user roles
- Fixed issue with Threaded Topic view if the post shown only contains HTML tags
- Fixed "Error: Undefined" client side error if you clicked some links before some panels had fully loaded.
- Fixed issue when editing topics in Chrome with original topic title being lost preventing user submitting updates
- Fixed issue with rebuild forums not always including all forums
- Reduced total query count on Forum.aspx. This has been reduced by 1 query
- Web addresses & email addresses within posts will now automatically be hyperlinked for all browsers
- Improved query when viewing topics within a forum to minimize JOINs improving query performance
- Improved topic caching to ensure they expire correctly as new topics are added meaning you can now cache for much longer
- Improvement to the "if_sp_InsertWhosOn" procedure to improve performance
- All collections have been updated to .NET 2.0 or above Generic Lists in favour of heavier ArrayLists.
1. Download InstantForum 2010-2
Download the 2010-2 update from your My.InstantASP area.
If your an existing InstantForum.NET 2010 customer the 2010-2 download will be available automatically on your My Licenses page at http://my.instantasp.co.uk/MyLicenses.aspx.
Download the 2010-1 update and extract the contents of the zip file to your desktop. This will create a new folder on your desktop called "InstantForum2010DEV" or "InstantForum2010EUL" depending on your license.
2. Update your existing 2010-1 files
The quickest way to update is to simply copy the entire contents of the "InstantForum2010" folder (excluding web.config file) again to your current InstantForum.NET installation. This will replace all existing 2010-1 files with the latest versions. If you choose to replace all files you may wish to skip the Skin\Classic\MasterPage.master file to preserve any changes to your existing master page.
Replacing only the updated files
If you've customized / modified a number of InstantForum.NET files you may wish to simply copy only the updated files into your installation.
All updated files are lsited below. There is also 1 new DLL with this upate listed below.
You should copy the latest versions of the files listed below from the 2010-2 download into your existing installation folder.
3. Update your existing 2010-1 database
Execute the \InstantForum2010\DatabaseScripts\UpgradeScripts\2010-1_to_2010-2.sql against your existing InstantForum.NET 2010-1 database. This will update 2 stored procedures.
The following files have been updated with the 2010-2 update. If you wish to only apply the updated files you should copy the files from the InstantForum.NET 2010-1 download listed below into your existing 2010 installation.
The following assemblies will need updating. Copy the latest versions from your InstantForum2010\Bin folder.
Updated Localization Files
Updated Skin Files
You should also copy these updated files into any custom skins you've created.
Once you've updated the files listed above and updated your database you should visit your existing InstantForum.NET installation. If everything was successful you should be able to continue using your forum as before. As always if you have any questions or run into any problems during the upgrade don't hesitate to leave your comments below, open a support ticket or contact us.